Tuesday, December 05, 2006

KING MAKER

Im writing a blog after a long time since I was bit busy with my exams.

So I decided to start my blog after this break, by writing about a great personality. He is also my Favorite politician and one of the best Cheif minister Tamil nadu ever had. He is none other than Tamil Nadu's former Cheif Minister Kamarajar.

I will just tell few instances of his life which would be a great lesson to all the politicians today.

Once the Congress leaders approached him before the elections and asked his permission to shoot a video flim potraying the Government's achievements. He asked how much it will cost. They said it may cost few lakhs. He immediately replied that if he had so much money he would rather build few more schools than waste them on video. He also added that serving people is Government's duty and they should not advertise doing that. In todays world, where the politicians give marks to themself, every politician should know about these things.

The another important thing is that he never interferred in the workings of IAS officers even when it affected his own party men. He always believed that Officials should be allowed to do their work if the Government needs to function properly. There are so many other things that I could say, I will do that in the future posts.

As of now, we can only hope that we will get more politicians like him at least in the future.

1 comment:

Krithika said...

yes and i feel this will happen only if the youth of r country enters politics..nice post!