Sunday, October 15, 2006

DREAM CAME TRUE



They say the happiness woman experience just after giving birth to a baby child can't be expressed in words and its so special that one has to only undergo it to appreciate it. I think the same can be said about seeing ones story being published for the first time. It gives such a great happiness that cant be put into words. I'm in such happiness today.

My 100 word short story, or rather than calling it as short story, it could be called as a coffee break story, titled "Cricket", has been published in a famous Tamil magazine "Ananda Vigadan", dated 22.10.06, on page no 131.( Its available in shops now) . Although this story is definitely not by best, nevertheless it will occupy a special space in my heart as this is the first time my story has been in print. Its really a honor for me that my writings has came in the same issue that also has the writings of leading writers like Sujatha.

So my dream has came true, I feel I have to spend some time to thank all those who played a major role in it directly or indirectly.

1) MY grand ma Jagadhambal: Most of us grow up listening to the bed time stories of Grand ma and I'm no exception, but then my grand ma was a very good story teller and most of the time she narrated her own stories. When she said those stories she said only the happy moments of her life, that when I'm young i thought her life has always been happy, only to realize later from others she suffered so much in life and she has been careful enough to say only the positive things to my young mind. This positive thinking of her has always inspired me a lot. She can read English news papers and every day she read Tamil news papers and she also helped me read Tamil books early in my life

2)My parents: They are so special, they never forced me to read any books, but whenever I needed any books they always brought and gave me. MY house will resemble a mini library an I always thank them for incorporating this good habit of reading into me. They let me read whatever book I want to read. And without them I would not have been what I am.

3) My sister, D.Jagadeeswari: She always asks me a lot of queries, and just 2 answer her queries I have read so many books. She has a distinct knack of encouraging me and we share such a special bond in spite of our 8 yr difference ( She is studying in 8Th). Iam really thankful to God that He sent me such a good sister.

4) All my uncles, aunts, cousins and nieces ( including my dead uncles) : My relatives have always been a source o strength to me. They have motivated me all along, they have enjoyed my success as though they succeeded and they have helped me over come difficulties, and what not.

5) MY Friends: They are my first audience and they are my first critics too. They constantly encourage me and I would have been lazy to send this story through post, if not for their constant motivation.

6) My teachers: MY teachers right from my primary days till today in my college I have to thank each and every one of them as they played a major role in shaping me.

7) All those famous writers : who inspired me by their writings.

8) All the people who I have came across in some point of life directly or indirectly:
They might not know me but then actually, they also could have been the inspiration for my story .

Finally thank you every one for reading this long post and sharing my happiness.
I strongly believe OUR HAPPINESS WILL DOUBLE ITSELF IF WE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS

9 comments:

M. Arun Subash said...

Congrats

This is just the first step

All the best

-Arun

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

congrats da, when will your book be published?

Subramani Dharmar said...

@ Ganesh: book wat book da?

@ arun anna: thanks for reading my blog and writing ur comments, keep reading

Krithika said...

congrats!!! will read it imm..

Anonymous said...

Dear sugu,
I've been searching for the Deepavali vikatan. someone has taken it to read it.I am impatiently waiting to read it. I know what it is to see your first creation comes into existance. i shall read it and send my coments to u. sugu start writing more about ur grandma and her stories. surely it will become a good novel. u can title ur novel as 'my grandma'. I am sure u can do it.keep writing. Ur comments about ur sister make me feel that she is also a keen observer and a critic. u can encourage her to write. ask her to open a blog.
lally

Siva said...

Hey, i read ur one minute story da(pg-131, Ananda Vigadan, October). I am very proud that i was the one who wrote it in paper :-).

Congrats a lot...

Keep Writing da, this is just the beginning...

KK said...

Awesome!!! Congratulations!!! Feel very happy for you!!!
Keep writing and publish more stories... Keep it going!!!
If possible please do try to scan your story and post it here, People like me will get a chance to read it. :)

Subramani Dharmar said...

thanks for every one for congratulating me, I will try to write more stories and get them published.

svc said...

congrats buddy...
i came acrros ur blog just now...
keep posting..