Thursday, September 28, 2006

Cinema! Cinema! Cinema!


In India, there are neither any discussions, nor magazines, nor television channels without having to do something with cinema. Although personally I don't watch cinema much, I want to go with the proverb "Be a Roman, while in Rome". So here is my first post about cinema.

Although I wanted to write about cinema, I didn't know what to write about. So I was just flipping through the channels, hoping that I will get some idea. Just then I watched a flash news in NDTV 24 X 7 , my favorite channel, that "A famous South Indian Actress Padmini died". So here I am writing my first post about cinema but unfortunately has to start it with a sad news. As soon as I heard of the news, the first thing that flashed across my mind was the film " Tillana Mohanambal", it was one of my favorite movie. Especially the song " Namlam thana" where Padmini dances to the tunes of Sivaji, will always remain etched in my memory.

Talking about the films I was watching one of my another favorite film "Ethir Neechal", starring Nagesh, the other day, when the cable service was distrupted. With the distruption of cable service being so frequent in our area, I feel it will not be long before we turn to Dish net services.

The last time when I went to a theatre was to watch the movie Gajini, along with my aunt's family. Recently my friends have been saying that " veetaiyadu villayadu" is good to watch and I should watch it. Hope I could get some time to watch it but for me books will always remain a first lover. I don't know why, but I was always more fascinated by the letters than by the films. So "Vettaiyadu Villayadu" can wait for some more time as I am ready to go to my book shelf, to explore yet another book.

PS: Our Honourable President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul kalam has not watched a single movie in the past 50 Yrs..

4 comments:

KK said...

Hey you got a nice blog man!! Thanks for visiting my blog. Hope to see you around :)
Yeah the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the news was Thillana Moganambal. Its a classic movie. Edhir Neechal is my all time favourite too.

Anonymous said...

hi sugu,
I am happy that you are passionate abouot books. But there are good movies which are similar to books. one need to watch. I think you should see the world classic movies.Sathyajit ray's film 'Pather Panjali' is one such film.that movie was so fascinating than the novel.
lally

Ganesh Ranganathan said...

I like Ethir neechil too...

Zaradin said...

u should watch vettayadu vilaiyadu..its one of his better movies inspite of the fact that hes aging and it shows